Yay! In my previous incarnation as a “Mummy blogger” I loved a good meme into which category I suppose my recent nomination for a Liebster Award would fall. The Liebster Award is an award passed on by bloggers to recognise interest new reads – so thanks for the nomination Anji – you can check out her blog http://www.anjikrafts.blogspot.co.uk. I will now answer her 11 questions and tell you my nominees as well as the questions I would like my nominees to answer ! This is a fab way for us all to learn more about the people behind the blogs
1) What’s your favourite saying?
My favourite saying is “when one door closes another door opens” I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason even if that reason is not always clear
2) What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory is a weird one – I went on holiday with my parents to France and would have been about two years old – I remember sweeping with a toy brush the floors of a big room with high ceilings and wooden floors – my mum tells me we were visiting a chateau and they had bought me a dustpan and brush set from the gift shop and I proceeded to sweep the dusty floors much to everyones amusement !
3) Paper or digital books?
I love tech – I love to use apps and live on the internet – I love pdf knitting patterns and ebooks but I still love a real book
4) Which do you prefer – email or phone call?
Email – I love the fact that you can look back if you have forgotten what someone said even months later
5) Your favourite non-crafting pastime?
Ooh – craft addiction showing here – all my pastimes are craft related – except I suppose playing with my kids – but those activities often involve craft too !
6) What animal would you choose as a pet if there were no restrictions?
I’d still choose my lovely chocolate labrador Lola
7) Which female, past or present, do you most admire and why?
Hilary Clinton – she has gone a long way in a mans world and I hope she runs in the next US election and becomes the first female President of the United States – I (lived in the USA for a while)
8) Which male, past or present, do you most admire and why?
Martin Luther King for his work in the civil rights movement
9) How do you like your eggs?
Fried but without a runny yolk !
10) Are you well and truly hooked on a TV programme, if so which?
I spend more time online than watching tv but I love Dragons Den
11) If you had a chance what would you have changed about your life?
I’m pretty happy with how things have gone so far and the choices I have made – we can learn from bad times as well as good so I try not to have regrets but keep going looking forward.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are as follows : ( blogs must have less than 200 followers)
And here I are my questions :
1. What is your favourite craft?
2. What is the first thing you made that you were really proud of?
3. If you could rule the world for one day what would you change?
4.What is your favourite book?
5. What is your favourite colour?
6. How many hours a week do you spend crafting?
7. If you could go back in time what era would you head for and why?
8. If you could only do one craft what would it be?
9. What would you take with you to a desert island – only three items!?
10. Twitter or Facebook – which do you prefer?
11. Have you ever knitted or crafted in public ?
I look forward to reading your replies – happy blogging everyone !